Home Workout Essentials: Leslie Sansone’s Walk At Home Series

walk Home Workout Essentials: Leslie Sansones Walk At Home SeriesI was dang near 185 pounds. Just take a look at me back then. But enough was enough. I refused to gain another pound, dammit!

So this is where it all started. I tried running at first, but it was a steamy summer. My body wasn’t used to the combination of increased heart rate, plus all that hot, humid air. On top of that, running caused painful swelling in my ankles. They couldn’t handle the pounding under all that extra weight.

But I had to keep on moving. So what to do instead?

Walking was the answer. I shed my first 20 pounds through a combination of watching my calories, occasional outdoor walking on lunch breaks and Leslie Sansone’s Walk At Home DVD’s Home Workout Essentials: Leslie Sansones Walk At Home Series. I promise you will NOT be bored when you’re walking with Leslie. Her energy and enthusiasm is contagious, and the miles fly by really fast.

Walking at home is definitely for people who are:

• Brand new to fitness.
  • Dreadmill and elliptical’ers who need some variety.
  • Fitness with the kids — they will love doing this with you.
  • Postpartum chicks.
  • Peeps on a comeback from injury.
  • Any fitness level that wants to keep their body in motion.

Walking at home isn’t what you might imagine. There’s no smashing into walls or chasing your shadow around the couch 50 times. There’s brisk marching in place, forward & backward moves, leg kicks and arm raises, even strength training as you incorporate light weights and bands. All of these moves can be done in the smallest of workout spaces, taking you from 1 to 5 miles depending on which workout you choose. You’ll also increase your heart rate beyond what your average walk outside will do.

Check out the clip. It’s one of my favorites from Leslie:

Leslie has been at this for over 20 years (yep). She has a huge following and a ton of success stories to back it up. Walking at home works. And it’s just another reason why you can’t make excuses to not exercise. Keep that ass of yours in motion.

Some of the latest Walk At Home releases from Leslie Sansone:

Ultimate 5 Day Walk Plan Home Workout Essentials: Leslie Sansones Walk At Home Series

Burn Body Fat Home Workout Essentials: Leslie Sansones Walk At Home Series

5 Really Big Miles Home Workout Essentials: Leslie Sansones Walk At Home Series

Walking with Leslie Sansone 1 & 2 Mile Walk Home Workout Essentials: Leslie Sansones Walk At Home Series

Walk Your Belly Flat

Leslie made it easy for me to get on the road to fitness and helped me form habits that led to where I am today. I have at least 5 of her Walk At Home DVD’s in my collection. They are forever part of my Home Workout Essentials. Go on and give walking at home a spin.

Stay sexy, everybody! xoxo

Home Workout Essentials: Leslie Sansones Walk At Home Series

Comments

1. Miz says:

People ADORE ADORE ADORE HER.
    like rabid fans :)
    Ive still never checked the sansone out…

2. Barbara says:

Starting at 280, these workouts were all I could do. I still think they are a great workout!

3. Sagan says:

I LOVE Leslie Sansone! Her walkout DVDs are awesome. It makes me so happy to see walking being celebrated. One of the best forms of exercise out there.

4. Yep, I also started my fitness journey 9 years ago with the Leslie Sansone tapes. I recommend these to people all the time. Non-threatening, perfectly paced, easy to measure progress.

5. Lori says:

I love Leslie and I love you!!!! Walk walk walk!

6. Melinda says:

I love walking with Leslie. It’s how I always start my post baby recovery. In no time I can pump out 2 miles in 30 minutes and get my sweat on. What’s even better is that I can get in a quick 30 minutes before the kiddos are up.

7. @somerskys says:

hi josie! where is tayshawwn?? seriously tho, these walk dvd’s with leslie seem cool but does she have one created in 2012? music is important to my workouts sooooo i was wonderin if she has 2012 dvds so she can have 2012 music??

Yes, ma’am. The “Ultimate 5 Day Walk Plan” that I linked to under the video clip is a 2012 a pre-order on Amazon right now. It comes out on 3/27/12. Pre-order, woman! Hurry before Tayshawwwn awakes from hibernation!

8. I have never seen these but hey, if they help people, I am all for it! :-)

9. Jeanette L. says:

My girls and I enjoy walking with Leslie! It’s easy enough for all of us to do together.

10. merri says:

oooh maybe i’ll get this for my parents! & they watch my little niece, you mentioned kids enjoy it too.

• Yum Yucky says:

ya. for reason the kids really get into to it. it’s good for all ages! And I’m glad to hear that Rodney Yee is working out for you. that made me smile. :)

11. skippymom says:

I had here VHS tapes years ago and you are right – it IS an awesome workout for those that you listed AND you can do it inside, at your leisure. No excuse of the weather or getting to the gym.

She’s a lot of fun too.

12. I LOVE Leslie Sansone.  I had some of her tapes years ago, and just kind of forgot about them.  You have definitely inspired me to get some today at Wal-Mart and give her a try again.  :)

13. Ted says:

Hi there to every body, it’s my first visit of this web site; this website contains awesome and truly good stuff for visitors.
    Ted recently posted..Ted

14. Paulina says:

Oh my goodness! Incredible article dude! Thanks, However I am having problems with your RSS.
    I don’t know the reason why I cannot subscribe to it. Is there anybody else getting the same RSS problems? Anyone that knows the answer will you kindly respond? Thanx!!
    Paulina recently posted..Paulina

15. vind ipad says:

WOW just what I was looking for. Came here by searching
    for activesync
    vind ipad recently posted..vind ipad

16. Ron says:

There is definately a lot to learn about this topic.
    I really like all the points you’ve made.
    Ron recently posted..Ron

17. beach says:

Superb site you have here but I was curious if you knew of any discussion boards that cover
    the same topics talked about in this article? I’d really love to be a part of community where I can get feed-back from other experienced people that share the same interest. If you have any recommendations, please let me know. Thank you!
    beach recently posted..beach

18. FitAndFab says:

Hi Yum Yucky,

I’m a big fan of Leslie Sansone’s workouts. I think this is the easiest workout I have ever done and you still get great results. You look heaps healthier as a result of your efforts. Well done!!
    FitAndFab recently posted..The Easiest Full Body Workout At Home With Leslie Sansone updated Tue Jul 9 2013 4:41 am EDT

19. Michaela says:

Awesome! Its actually remarkable paragraph, I have got much clear idea concerning from
    this post.
    Michaela recently posted..Michaela

20. Minnie says:

Hi! I could have sworn I’ve been to this site before but after
    checking through some of the post I realized it’s new to me.

Anyways, I’m definitely happy I found it and I’ll be bookmarking and
    checking back frequently!
    Minnie recently posted..Minnie

21. Julianne says:

Everyone loves it when people come together and share opinions.
    Great website, continue the good work!
    Julianne recently posted..Julianne

22. thomas says:

WOW just what I was looking for
    thomas recently posted..Fish oil weight loss: What is it and how is it achieved?

23. pas.org says:

Wow that ωaѕ stгange. I just wroite an reаlly long comment but after I
    clicked ѕubmit my commment didn’t shοw
    up. Grrrr… well I’m nott writing all that over again.

Anyway, just wanteԁ to say fantaѕtic blog!
    pas.org recently posted..pas.org

24. It is actually a nice and useful piece of info. I am satisfied that you simply
    shared this helpful information with us. Please keep us up
    to date like this. Thanks for sharing.
    homeopathic medicine recently posted..homeopathic medicine