If You’re Feeling Like You’ll Never Reach Your Fitness Goals…

beforenow If Youre Feeling Like Youll Never Reach Your Fitness Goals...

There was a time when I believed — despite all my fitness efforts — sure, I’d lose some weight, but my thighs would never be slim and my stomachs would never go down. I’d never be truly strong or look hot. I birthed 4 child-spawns, after all. A nice physique isn’t reserved for people like me.

But you know what?

I wrote my own fitness future and changed what I believed by barreling through those negative thoughts. Day in day and day out, with sweaty workout sessions OUTSIDE of my comfort zone, combined with smart food choices (sprinkled with just a little bit of greedy fun), my body has changed. And it’s still changing.

Don’t let your brain talk you out of what your heart really wants. You can DO THIS!! But it’s going to take hard work and serious commitment. It’s foolish to expect awesome results if you’re not putting in awesome effort.

Think about where you’re at today, where you want to be, and then work for it. There’s no other way around it. You bettah WORK!

…as for that “now” picture? I was forced to intimidate Greedy Kid #3 with my Ninja moves in retaliation for the Kung Fu he tried to inflict upon me. It’s all very logical.

Comments

1. BK says:

I love that your chronicle is TRUE and it isn’t done by some gimmick or starving yourself.. lifestyle changes.. Kudos.. and I’m on my way back to losing belly fat.. *lemme eat this girl scout cookie first* LOL but I’m on my way after child spawn #3

2. After taking 2 weeks off from running, I feel like I’m starting at square one, where I was at the beginning of Janaury. 13.1 miles feels so insane, but I know if I put my training in I will be ready in 3 months. I definitely just need to believe in myself and get those runs in! Thanks for the inspiration and love the now pic :D

3. Love that photo!

4. You look amazing, Josie, and I KNOW you’ve been hitting those workouts hard, because I see them all the time in Twitter and think “wow, that’s incredible.” The stuff you do is HARD. I’m so thankful for you, because you’ve shown me how important it is to get out of my comfort zone, fitness-wise. I can plug away on the elliptical for like 40 minutes now and barely break a sweat, so obviously the elliptical isn’t where I should be anymore.

I’m gonna write a blog post about this today, but just wanted to say that I’ve birthed 2 child spawns, and made the FINAL move last week for those to be my last spawns EVER (got the Essure permenant birth control). I’m feeling SO great about it, from so many angles, and one of them is that my body is MINE now, forever, no unless, maybes, or butts.

5. angela says:

You look FANTASTIC! I’m getting back in the swing of things after setback 482. But for it only being day 2 of the new round, I feel strong and unwavering this time.

6. Melissa says:

You look awesome. Ninja awesome. I’m just starting a new eating plan and, as you know, have hit a snag in workouts with an injury, so I need to see this. Thanks for reminding me that not only can I do it, too, I deserve it!!

7. I like this and I needed it today, because despite tracking and working out this week, the scale looks like is going to be up on my weigh-in day. Very frustrating, but regardless, I keep on keeping on.

8. That is it – DO NOT TALK YOURSELF OUT OF IT! You can do it & are worth it! Baby steps are fine – all is good!

9. INSPIRATIONAL!!!  Thank-you so very much for sharing all of this journey on your blog, I look forward to reading it…and and getting inspired to push my own limits…plus I love your spunk!

10. Lisa says:

If I thought at 250 pounds that I couldn’t lose the weight, I wouldn’t have tried. I kept going even though I didn’t know if I could do it and I did it!

11. Nikki O says:

Thanks for being a real inspiration!

12. Dude, seriously: my morning work out is gunna be BOMB now… with your motivational help :P

Hooray for ninjas.
    I get so encouraged by your awesome fun workouts. It’s inspiring to see you work hard :) You keep  posting all these workout awesome workout challenges. THanks :)

14. Carolina says:

I just found your blog and I LOVE it!! I’m on the Body By Design program (this is week#7) and I’m BORED with the limited food choices… I find that whenever I get the chance, I just overeat the not-so-good stuff. Trying to find balance between my INMENSE desire to get fit and healthy and my love of food. Love your blog!

• Yum Yucky says:

Hey Carolina! It’s great to meet you! As for Body By Design, be careful not to box yourself in. Although you’re on a journey to get fit, you should still give yourself the freedom to eat and enjoy whatever you want in moderation. The journey should be fun even though it’s a lifestyle change. xo

15. Your so inspiring Josie!

16. bossygirl says:

I love this..I just took a picture of my stomach (as is)..but I am TERRIFIED to post it!