Hey guys. I hope you didn’t forget that month this is. You’re a Badass, remember? This workout is dedicated to defining your abs AND burning off the fat in your midsection so the definition in your abs can be revealed extra sexy ‘n stuff.
Equipment Needed: “invisible” jump rope (we all have one)
Primarily Targets: Abs, Cardio
THE WORKOUT (after a thorough warm up)
Part 1) Abs: 12 rep straight-arm planking circuit (watch the video demo below):
- 4-count leg raises
- 4-count air climbers
- 4-count knee to opposite elbow
- Jump feet towards hands, stand up, then jump back down into plank position to repeat 12-reps.
Complete this series 3 times with no breaks (if possible), then move onto Part 2.
Part 2) Cardio: 3-minute intervals circuit
- 45 seconds: rope skipping (use your invisible jump rope)
- 15 seconds: high knee jog
Set your interval timer for 3 rounds of 45-secs/15-secs and give it your all. Engage your core and keep your body tight. No half-assing allowed.
Then take it from the top with Part 1 and complete the entire Workout (Parts 1 & 2) two more times.
- Modifications for planking series: do as many reps as you can and then hold static plank pose for remaining rep count.
- Modifications for cardio intervals: 45 seconds brisk-paced walk in place; 15 seconds high knees march.
Enjoy your workout!