Sneak Peek of the Foods Going Into My Stomachs Today

Hey guys. How the hells are ya?! Just thought I’d share a glimpse of my daily eats for today. This is what’s on my menu for chewing. It’s a peek into the foods I eat that help me be all sexy ‘n stuff.

THE FOODS GOING INTO JOSIE’S STOMACHS TODAY

(…and please don’t get it twisted. I do, in fact, have two stomachs: One for normal eating, and a back up chamber for increased food-storage of the extra delicious kind).

Breakfast was: Fresh fruit (strawberries, blueberries and cantaloupe) mixed with homemade yogurt bought from the Amish peoples. No Shakeology this morning because my butt was running late. Dammit!

Mid-morning snack: Clementine

Lunch: Brown rice & steamed broccoli, plus a chicken Caesar side salad.

Mid-afternoon snacking: Cup of Bigelow Mint Green tea (very flavorful) sweetened with Stevia and a Kelloog’s Fiber Plus Bar (their Dark Chocolate Almond is pretty tasty).

After work snacking: Handful of cashews and some more Mint Green tea.

Dinner: Homemade turkey burger made with recently killed meat (gasp!) from the Amish market, plus some fresh baked, homemade sweet potato chips.

Evening snacking: Cup of coffee with light cream and NO sweetener (yep). Oh, and the evening cereal whoredom shall continue. Gonna have me a bowl or two.

So you see, I’ve got my fruits, veggies, protein, and whole grains with very minimal carbs and dairy products (because that stuff bloats me), and barely any fats. Except for my I-didn’t-get-my-Shakeology-today snafu, all my other meals for today were planned ahead of time.

Make sure you are planning ahead as well. It’s going to set you up for fitness success and reduce your chances of veering into a food ditch filled with all kinds of delectable high calorie treats that were never supposed to be on your menu.

Have a great day!

Comments

1. Mark says:

Thanks for this list. It’s helpful.
    m.

2. Thank-you, I love seeing what other people eat, what does a healthy well rounded day of nutrition look like?  That was awesome :)

you’re welcome, Katie! I’ll do a weekend one soon. The weekend eating tends to be a little bit more interesting and filled with random greediness. LOL!

3. tj says:

nice food journal…I love recently killed meat! YUM!

4. Melissa says:

Great to see what someone who is fit eats all day long! I love knowing that I’m not the only one that seems to be constantly eating!

5. 444 says:

Cereal whoredom?! What are you talking about? You should see the burlap-sack-size bags of fake Captain Crunch and fake Lucky Charms we’ve been addicted to lately. Don’t ask me how much we’ve spent on those, but I will tell you that the bags have to be hidden to restrict public access to them.

Burlap sacks? It sounds like you’re a bigger whore than I am, which makes me very jealous.

• 444 says:

Do you have to hide foodstuffs from your offspring, Josie? If you don’t yet, you will have too soon. Mine are emptying the freezer right now and heating up everything in the microwave. They dirty all the dishes in the cabinet between sunup and sundown.

6. I just bought more clementines today:) Yummy.

7. skippymom says:

Sounds great Josie – and very similar to how I eat. Not a lot of sodium going on there. :) And just recently the dairy monster has reared it’s ugly head and my body has decided no more cheese for me.  Sigh. I miss cheese.  But almond milk is so good. :)

Enjoy your week! Hugs to you!

8. You’ve convinced me: I’m going to the grocery store right NOW to make sure my evening meal and subsequent snacking continue in the healthy vein I’ve been cultivating all day. :)

9. lisa says:

hahah I got a chuckle out of “Kelloog’s” instead of “Kelloggs”.  Not to be that person who is liike YOU SPELLED IT WRONG, but I just think it’s funny :P
    but I try to eat the same way! fruits & veggies, and not much bread/carbs. cept cookies! :P

10. @somerskys says:

HEY THANKS JOSIE! THIS LIST IS A GOOD EXAMPLE LIST OF FOODS TO INCREASE HAWTNESS. THANKS GOOD POST!!! & TOMATOE. TOMAAAATO ,KELLOGS WHATEVER DOES NOT MATTER THE SPELLING WE KNOW WHAT CHEW MEAN, KID:’))

11. Sherry says:

I like the sneak peek into your food life. My daily intake is similar, based on eating often and focusing on protein, fruits and veggies.

12. Hungry Jenny says:

This is cool, Josie, is this something you’re going to post regularly? Be interesting to see how the weekend one differs in any case. My eating habits definitely change as soon as it hits the weekend! Oh, and I am also a total evening cereal whore, just thought you should know ;-)
    Hungry Jenny x

13. Yes to that food day! Love it!!! I want some sweet potato chips! I get lazy making stuff like that but I need to.. I just eat the potato instead but chip are more fun!

14. Lisa says:

I love Mint green tea. It curbs my appetite in a major way. I think the mint cuts down my chocolate cravings!

15. merri says:

fresh amish homemade yogurt sounds so good! do you just drive to their farms and buy these things or are they at the grocery stores near you? i eventually want to work up to buying meat from real farms so i know that the animals were humanely treated.

16. I want some of that just killed turkey meat! A HA HA. Gobble. Gobble.