Smart Ass Conversations With Health-Hater Husband

Me: ((in sarcastic, smart-ass voice)) Yeah! Do your job and light that fireplace.

Health-hater: I am doing my job. And what the hell are YOU doing?

Me: ((no response))

Husband: Oh, that’s right. You ARE doing your job. You’re laying on the couch.

Me: ((no response))

—-

How am I supposed to respond to that? Couch-assing is definitely my job.

Comments

1. Hey, I’m BRILLIANT at that job.

Got an opening? ;-)

2. Molly Nitka says:

Remember you popped out greedy kids from your va jay jay. That always wins.

3. quix says:

I have a masters degree in couch azzing. :)

4. Emergefit says:

I need more details so I can come to some kind of conclusion…

• Yum Yucky says:

more details? my ass was on the couch. He lit the fire and maintained the flames burning for hours. This is how it should be on a cold, wintry day. Oh, and he gets to hold the remote. See that. I’m a good wife.

5. Miz says:

laughing and waywaytootoofamiliar.

6. Barbara says:

Three cheers for couch azzing!

I’m the only person allowed to nap in my house!

8. There is absolutely no safe way for a man to contribute to this post!

• Yum Yucky says:

atta boy, Kyle. Know your place! And besides, my hubs has a man-cave and I have no cave at all. My son told me that the kitchen is my cave. He almost got momma-slapped.

9. Haha, sounds like my house.

10. @somerskys says:

SOMETIMES THE BEST ANSWER IS NO ANSWER:) (BUT OFF THE SUBJECT, TRYIN TO PLAY IT SAFE CAUSE I LOVE AND RESPECT U AND HEALTH HATER HUSBAND) DARN-IT DOUBLE, DARN-IT! JUST FOUND OUT THEY DONT SELL Driscoll’s STRAWBERRIES ON-LINE:(!!!! I WAS GONNA ORDER AND THEN MAKE THAT YUMMY LOOKIN STRAWBERRY THINGY WITH THE SPONGE CAKE OR LIKE BIGGIRLBOMBSHELL SAID WITH LADY FINGERS THAT SOUNDED COOL TO. SO NOW I HAVTAH SEND MY HUBS TO COSTCO TO GET THEM OR GO AFTER WORK WHATEVER TO. ITS A GOOD WEEKEND SPLURGE. THANKS JOSIE. AND CARRY ON WITH THE COUCH BEHINDING :’)

11. Ummmmmmmmmmmmm, you are working, raising 4 greedy kids as you call them, doing the blog & so much more… ask him to do all that & also birth the kids! ;-)

12. Angela Pea says:

LOL!  It’s like that at the Pea Home, too!  Excepting I have husband AND two teenage boys to work the fireplace.  In fact, I send them out to the back forty with axes and chainsaws and tell them to cut us some firewood!!

13. Reinaldo says:

Respond “Shut up, or you’re sleeping in this couch tonight”. We men hear “sleeping” and “couch” in the same sentence and we go into shut-up mode instantly.

14. Todd says:

You have a role, and you’re happy. He has a role, and he’s happy. What’s the need for a comeback?