Is This A New Trend? I Keep Seeing It Online

My favorite pair of workout shorts is from a brand called Marika. So I figured I’d go to Marika.com to see what else they have to offer. I thought it was pretty cool that right alongside all the other models on their website, there were also some curvy gal models in the mix on the same sports bra page.

marika Is This A New Trend? I Keep Seeing It Online

images via Marika.com

I didn’t have to type “plus sized” into a search box or click on some type of “plus sized category”.  This is the first time I’ve seen curvy gal inclusion while shopping online for fitness clothes. Has anyone else noticed this? Is it a new trend?

We all need sports bras, dammit. I’m glad Marika gets. I also saw this same type of curvy gal inclusion on Zappos.com. Hopefully more brands will recognize a curvy gal’s need for workout clothes, making it more convenient for them to find what they want and have more choices.

Too bad I’m still in need of some new sports bras. My favorite bras are infested with fitness funk that’s so powerful, it can longer be washed out.

So what do ya think about this one? I think I’m gonna buy it.

What’s your favorite sports bra brand? Lay it on us. We need to know!

Comments

1. Its a long time coming around but yes there is a trend toward more companies considering the plus size woman. Honestly, it is one reason I have found that has held me back in the past, wearing two sport bras or wearing a bathing suit that doesn’t support for water workouts and wearing baggy sweatpants trying to do yoga or even a treadmill cause even more issues.

BUT … I have my first supportive sport bra on the way and can’t wait to TOTALLY rock it on the elliptical and maybe even go for a run….

2. My fave sports bra is discontinued, but my second fave right now is the Moving Comfort ones. And I LOOOOVE the Marika capris and pants. I also have a few tops (but their cut doesn’t suit me. The hoodie, though, works well for me (I got a hot pink one).

My problem with bras is I’m a 38DDDD in US sizing…and most of them don’t go above DD, and some DDD’s fit okay, but with most pull-over-head type of sports bras, I’m painfully smooshed. DDD is the smallest that is comfy. So, my selection is limited. :(

The Marika pants rock my world, though. XL fits comfy and not tight. L is lil bit snug, but I can get them on. :D:D And I get them cheap at TJ Maxx. :D They’re my go-to bootcuts n’ capris for regular wear, and the Danskin and Champion for workout…

Hooray for using more big models. Lots of us appreciate that.

3. Oh, yeah, the Marika bra ain’t roomy enough for my girls, but I did get one to try.

4. Steph says:

I have that Champion Double Dry sports bra in your link. Love it! I feel it offers a good amount of support (although to be fair, I’m only a B) and I like that it has adjustable straps as well.

5. Angela Pea says:

My favorite sports bra by far is Enell.  I’m, uh, extremely well endowed, and the Enell bra = NO BOUNCE.  It fits like a ski vest (without the padding, of course) from the lower rib cage to below the collar bone, and closes with a row of a bajillion hooks up the front.  Yes, a little tiresome to put on and take off, but that kind of support is worth the effort.

Hot Pink Bra?  Yes!

6. Vicki says:

I have an Enell but it was too much for me..yeah like wearing a very tight vest with tons of hooks. But yes if you need that much support, it will work!  I like Moving Comfort, though can’t find my old favorite- Athena. I like hooks in the back..not a pullover type.
    Beware- these Marika bras are medium impact..not the high needed for running. And what is up with Removable Pads? I am big enough without any cushioning or pads so find that surprising.

7. Erin says:

That’s awesome!
    Ya I need some sports bras too. I have two and would love one or two more!

8. I love this Josie! Yes to that! Right now I wear Champion just because I found a style I like at my running store where I get a discount so…… I like a little molding vs. the no cup type. I see a ton of other brands out there I would try but for now, I have these & they are not worn out.. yet… ;-)

9. Kerri O says:

I think this is awesome!

10. Cuppypower says:

The funk stuff…. May be try soaking your work out stuff in water which has baking soda added to it? Try it, it is so powerful that it actually removes the smell of bleach!

11. MizFit says:

we can only hope as uh fila wasnt exactly doing that…

12. Kat says:

I use a Champion, but with underwire.  It’s model #6242.  I am a 36/38D and buy a 34/36 D/DD and it is awesome.  I run distance (16-24 miles a week) and the girls don’t move.  Also, it’s breathable fabric (like compression sleeves, sort of) and doesn’t feel like someone is squeezing the life out of me.  I find the moving comfort ones are too restrictive.

13. I hope you’re right! Every body of all shapes and sizes need our workout wear!
    I’ve got a wonderbra “W5126″ that is my favorite. Comes in Black and White!

Meegan! why am I all giddy that you commented today. Thanks for sharing your bra! (err, you know what I mean). And tell the tidbit I said hello. ;)

14. Here’s my all-time favorite sports bra: http://www.championusa.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?langId=-1&storeId=11651&catalogId=11501&productId=20037&cm_vc=OnsiteSearch

It’s got “molded cups” which means it keeps your girls separated and shapely instead of mashing them together into one giant mono-boob.

15. Barbara says:

I noticed that on Zappos.com recently too. I’m an Enell sports bra fan. No mono-boobage and no shifting of “luggage” during flight….the girls stay put!

16. Rina says:

I swear by the Moving Comfort “Fiona” bra!! As long as they make them I won’t be looking elsewhere. This bra is great for the well endowed woman. The bra hooks in the back like a regular bra and has no bounce when I am running. I found the best deal on a very popular website that’s name begins with an “A” and ends with an “N”

17. merri says:

this is great!! i do notice that for the less endowed of us, they only go down to 32A. but, to be fair, those of us smaller than that dont really need the extra support like everyone else, so i guess it makes sense.