Your body was designed to move. Your heart was designed to pump strong. And despite what your brain-cravings might tell you, your stomach cries out for the good stuff (and it ain’t called doughnuts and diet sodas). When you put all these things together, something amazing happens.
You get high.
I’m high right now, as a matter of fact.
My workout was finished hours ago, but I’m still on cloud nine. The affects of moving my body, pushing hard and feeding my food trap the good and tasty things that it needs is paying me big time dividends. I’ve been working out for YEARS, but in these past few months I made a serious investment in myself.
That investment – that SACRIFICE – is beginning to pay me dividends that I can physically see with my eyeballs (body transformation) and feel (strength and energy)… and others are beginning to take notice. boo-yaaah!
My personal recipe for getting high and earning dividends goes exactly like this:
- I wake up and start my workout by 6:15am, 5 days per week.
- I go really hard on my workouts and challenge myself. Since I’m no longer a beginner, walking just won’t do.
- I drink Shakeology 5-6 times per week (you can get your trial pack here)
- I eat this organic salad 5 times per week. It’s the best brand because it tastes like homegrown.
- I drink green tea 5 times per week AND load up on water only – no soda or juice.
- I eat no refined sugars about 90% of the time, only special occasions. (Dear Pie and Cake: I luurves you)
- I limit my carbs (breads, pastas, etc) to virtually none – only every once in a while.
- I have reduced my intake of red meat drastically. Maybe once a month, if that.
- I do Yoga as a 2nd daily workout or I do it on my rest day. Yoga has been instrumental in relieving both physical soreness and mental stress. Yoga Instructor, Rodney Yee, is the best.
- I accept that I am NOT perfect. But I do work on the things I know need improvement (I still suck at keeping up with laundry and I hate to cook dinner… stuff like that)
- I attend church. I pray for myself, my family and others, and I read the Holy Bible before I shut my eyes at night. I have no peace without this final step.
This is my total recipe for getting high. Even though I still get pissed off because life can and does suck extra bad sometimes, it can’t squash the high in my life. I keep marching forward.
Do yourself a favor if you haven’t already: Create your own personal plan for getting high. Don’t just wing it and play it by ear. CREATE A SOLID, SYSTEMATIC PLAN and then execute it daily. Starting right NOW. Don’t wait and fluck around. You’ve already done enough of that already – we all have at some point.