Greedy Recipe! Shakeology Breakfast Cookie

breakfastcookie Greedy Recipe! Shakeology Breakfast Cookie

Important Note: I positioned green beans in the background to impress you with my vegetable-eatin’ skillz.

I’m so glad I thought this up and I’m delighted with the results. A homemade breakfast cookie made from healthy, nutrient-packed ingredients empowers you and me to avoid eating crap. You can eat this cookie for breakfast on the go, snacking at the office (instead of hitting the vending machine) or save it for late night, healthy munching.

Health-hater Husband equates this cookie’s flavor to a Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup experience. It contains rolled oats, Chocolate Shakeology and peanut butter, plus a sweet kiss of both 100% maple syrup and honey. It’s a raw cookie – no baking required. For best results the cookie must stay chilled until you’re ready to gnaw on it.

INGREDIENTS

• 1 1/2  c. rolled oats – not quick oats
  • 1/2 scoop (or 1/2 packet) Chocolate Shakeology
  • 1/4 c. peanut butter (don’t go overboard or it will alter the taste)
  • 1/4 c. real 100% maple syrup
  • generous drizzle of honey (2 tbsp. or less)

DIRECTIONS

• Combine all ingredients into mixing bowl and stir thoroughly.
  • Plop entire blob onto sheet of aluminum foil or wax paper. Overlay with plastic wrap and press out evenly flat to desired thickness.
  • Use cookie cutter (or ghetto version: rim of small plastic cup) to cut out cookie shapes.
  • Cookies will be sticky and extremely pliable. Use spatula to carefully spatulate each cookie into small plastic baggie – one cookie per baggie.
  • Freeze for 45-60 minutes, or freeze overnight.
  • Grab an individual cookie baggie and eat on the run, or for home/office snacking. The cookie is NOT designed for sitting out at room temperature. The cookie must stay in freezer to maintain its firmness, so keep it in there until you’re ready to eat. The freezer keeps it firm, yet not rock-hard due to the maple syrup and honey ingredients.

NUTRITION INFO

The entire batch is about 1,014 calories. My batch yielded 6 breakfast cookies (169 calories per cookie). Depending on the size of your cookie cutter, your own batch will yield more or less. Divide the entire batch’s calorie count by the number of cookies you prepare. (ex: 8 cookies/1,014 calories = 127 calories per cookie)

Do NOT be afraid of the calorie count. The Shakeology Breakfast Cookie is a power-packed quadruple threat with benefits:

1) The oats make the cookie dense and filling.

2) It contains only natural sweeteners.

3) One cookie is all you need to be satisfied and it has less calories than a greedy bowl of cereal.

4) The Shakeology ingredient makes this a designer cookie. Uh huh. Check out the Shakeology nutrition label.

So just think: 169 calories for a healthy, satisfying snack is nowhere near absurd.

MORE GREEDY RECIPES

Comments

Thanks for explaining the green beans. I guess you ate all the broccoli while the cookies were chillin’
    Coco recently posted..Looking Back On 10 Years of Running

2. Carli says:

These look amazing, Jodie! I’m definitely going to make these tomorrow

3. Carli says:

Ummm… that was supposed to say “Josie.” Damn autocorrect.

4. Emma says:

I am definitely making a batch next week. Thanks for the recipe…you rock !!!!!!!!!

5. lisa says:

you know you have me once you mention “peanut butter”. altho i have the tendancy to go “overboard” when it comes to that :)

6. lisa says:

which makes me wonder- do you think you can replace the peanut butter with peanut flour? or not sticky enough? hmm… curious.
    lisa recently posted..winner of NutraSea DHA!

• Yum Yucky says:

Hrmmm… I never knew peanut flour existed. The regular PB does help to serve as a binder. If you used peanut flour, you’d probably have to increase the maple and honey measurements to serve as the primary binder, which would of course increase the calorie count. I say play with the recipe if you have more ideas and see what works! ;)

7. skippymom says:

That is a purty looking cookie. Nice recipe Josie. :) Thanks!
    skippymom recently posted..I Made A Cake Sort of

8. Clarissa says:

THANK YOU for including the ghetto version note. I’ve been using an old, opened can of collard greens and they leave behind a flavor that’s on the unsavory side.
    Clarissa recently posted..Tuesday 426

9. JourneyBeyondSurvival says:

Um.  That is just high class re-purposing Josie.  Scandinavian/German engineering style.  One minute:  cup Next minute:  cutter.

*ghetto*

psh.

10. Did you say cookies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hey, I still have not tried the sample & honestly, I think I may prefer to use the package to try this! YUM!!!!! I have all the ingredients in the house!
    Jody – Fit at 53 recently posted..Happiness with Yourself Assignment Happy Bday!

11. Carli says:

Well, once I found out that I already have all the necessary ingredients in the house, I decided that I didn’t want to wait! I made them tonight. I just finished putting them in the fridge and cleaning up… I did get just a small taste, and I loved it! (I pretty much licked the mixing bowl clean! don’t judge. haha) They taste just like those “cow patties” or whatever they’re called… The recipe seems very similar, except you sub in the cocoa powder for chocolate Shakeology, and there’s no butter or sugar in yours. So it makes it that much healthier! Can’t wait to eat one! Thanks so much for inventing this little piece of heaven ;)

12. Patrick says:

169 calories per cookie huh; somebody really should make a 168 calorie cookie someday. No?
    Patrick recently posted..Day 374 – Share Your Acronyms

13. Miz says:

I laugh but my child would eat ANYTHING called COOKIE for breakfast as she’d think she was pulling the wool over my eyes :)
    Miz recently posted..Popcorn chicken Egg Beaters® MizFit HEAVEN

14. That looks pretty darn yummy. No Shakeology on hand, but it just might work with some powdered goat milk I have.
    dragonmamma/naomi recently posted..Reptiles- Creamers and Back-roads

15. Sagan says:

Mmmmmm breakfast cookies! I love breakfast cookies. Tasty tasty.

I like using banana instead of liquid sweetener – I find banana helps to make a really nice thick batter and browning bananas have such good sweetness on their own, too. And CINNAMON! Lots and lots of cinnamon :D

16. Annie says:

Almost exactly the same thing as the Shakeology no-bake cookie that Beachbody published….. minus the maple syrup….

17. Sounds really good. I’ll have to try this recipe.

18. Paxton says:

If you don’t have maple syrup but you have honey can you replace them

Trackbacks