How to Feel Good About Not Exercising

lazyyoga1 How to Feel Good About Not Exercising

Maybe I’ve been a little too hard on you lately. All this commanding you to push it and not make excuses for your lackadaisical side is really getting out of control. No?

So I want to make it up to you.

If you feel like all you’ve been doing is laying flat on your azz, do not fret…it’s just the Corpse Pose. Duh! You might think you’re not exercising, but the Corpse Pose is a very real fitness move. The proof of this claim is on instructional display at YogaJournal.com.

lulucorpse How to Feel Good About Not ExercisingThese chicks are holding in Corpse Pose.

Fit Tip: Hold the Corpse Pose for a minimum of 30 to 90 minutes. Optional fitness tools to successfully hit this pose for such an extended and demanding length of time include a blanket, bed and lowly dimmed light bulb. This might be hard to do, but I’m counting on you to get through it. The sexy man right here holds the world record at Corpse Pose.

Aren’t you glad we had this conversation?

[photo1, photo2]

Comments

That’s it! Corpse pose in my office right after lunch today – who wants to join me?

2. DefineDiana says:

Now, if I perform the corspe pose for more than 90 mins will there be physical consequences such a sprained or pulled muscle? So confused. Please advise.

3. Vee says:

I can do that! I can! I do it every night when I’m trying to sleep! Woohoo! I’m exercising! ;) Vee at http://veegettinghealthy.blogspot.com

4. Wifey says:

Tee hee hee. So glad you gave it a name.

Winks & Smiles,
    Wifey

5. Deb says:

Love this one! Made me smile! I may have to do the corpse pose after work lmao!

6. Twix says:

Oh so that’s what I have been doing for a half an hour when I get home from the gym. I feel so stupid not knowing this. And I’m such a weeny I can’t hold it for longer… giggles…. :-P

7. merri says:

We start each yoga class like that but she calls it relaxation pose: “And we will begin the class in relaxation pose. Lying flat on your back with your arms at your side, palms facing up, eyes close. Using this time to focus your intentions on what you wish to accomplish in this class.” and blah. Question: do all yoga teachers talk so formally, very stone-like and in weird tenses?

• Fauxtographer says:

@merri, The yoga instructor at my gym ends class with that. Last week, I heard snoring coming from the solitary man in the class. I don’t know if that’s means he was really good at relaxation pose, or the opposite.

8. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz…. OH, did yo say we had to actually do something??? ;-)

9. MizFit says:

I rock the corpse pose and the childs pose.

I SHOULD TEACH YOGA

10. Dr. J says:

Balance of the Yin and the Yang are important even with food :-)

Trackbacks

1. [...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Josie YumYucky, Jose Seminario and Dieting is Hard, Real Bodybuilders. Real Bodybuilders said: Bodybuilding – How to Feel Good About Not Exercising http://bit.ly/eFOLTH by FitConnect.com [...]