The Planktastic Plankathon Challenge

It’s Plankmania, baby! This is how it all got started and now it’s catching on! Us competitors want YOU to be the next plank victim challenger, so film yourself in the plank hold for as long as possible and I’ll post your Youtube video here! Although any plank hold is a great plank hold, if you’re going for the gusto to whomp some azz and call yourself champion, here’s who you gotta beat:

Best Overall Forearm Champions (the most popular plank position):

Current Female Plank Champions

Current Male Plank Champions

This challenge is ongoing and has no deadline. I’m sure there will be new champions crowned and dethroned champions whomped on a regular basis. muhahahahaaa! (And be sure to check out @DebRoy’s video tutorial on different plank styles. It’s excellent!)

Watch all the Plankathon Video Challengers

88-year-old MamaMcFoodie (@FoodieMcBody‘s Mom): 20 seconds!

@Saganlives: 6.05 minute forearm plank hold. Ridiculous!!!

@darnfood
: 6.01 forearm plank hold. Wow-zer!

@juliie007: 4-minute straight-arm hold.

@YumYucky: 3.20 minute forearm hold.

foodie 300x181 The Planktastic Plankathon Challenge@FoodieMcbody: 3-minute forearm hold. (click image to view on Facebook)

charlie 300x201 The Planktastic Plankathon Challenge@Charliegirl2490 60-second forearm hold (click image to view on Facebook)

@JBeyondSurvival: 1.32 minute forearm hold.

@LeavingFatville: 2.31 minute knee plank. So inspiring!

@RunnJRun: 2.45 straight-arm plank

@that_girl_lola: 10-minute assisted plank (stability ball)

@Rspnsblty199: 2.30 minute straight arm

@Pubsgal: 2-minute forearm hold

Beckara: 3-minute knee plank

Phoenix Revolution: 2.05 minutes forearm plank

And now there’s rumors of a Plankathon Challenge going down at Fitbloggin. So who’s our next challenger!? It’s time to get planky!

Comments

1. you had me at plank. or was it challenge. now i just gotta find someone who is willing to stand around for half an hour and film me planking. oh, wait. PLANKING. i read that as “BLANKING”, and thought you meant something completely different.
    aw, hells, yea, i’m in on this. when’s the drop dead date…ummm…i mean deadline..ummm….when is it over?
    heyoooo~! planks. ahhh..

• Josie says:

Dude. There’s no deadline. I’ll add that up in the post. Just get planky whenever you please, but the sooner the better. Don’t you wanna be champion faster?

2. kia says:

You all are nuts and hilarious! I would love to see this at Fitbloggin’

3. Unless anyone wants to challenge me for 30 seconds, I think I’ll sit this one out. Anyone?

• Josie says:

Alexia, early last year I could only do a 20-second hold!

• JourneyBeyondSurvival says:

Alexia @ Dimple Snatcher,

My first attempt was thirty seconds!  But then I tried again…You should try.  A couple of times.  Josie even improved her best time by over a minute!

4. Kerri O says:

Yikes! That’s a long time. I’m inspired to improve my plank. then, maybe I’ll be ready to rumble!

5. Alexia- I could try for 30 seconds. Although I’ll need a censor beep for the last 29 seconds of it. ;)

Josie, you are CRAZY. And I love it!

6. You’re a total rock star – I won’t be challenging anybody on time here, but I am going to attempt to get my happy @ss into the plank position for the first time in, well in EVER and I will capture it on video – cause there ain’t no shame in my game!!

7. Ashley says:

Um, I think I’M the champ! I did 9… seconds. And surprisingly, I’m not embarrassed to admit that!

You are all planktastic people!

8. Rob Dyess says:

Is there a men’s and women’s contest???

What is the prize- just the ability to say you are the plankiest??

Thanks!!!

9. RickGetsFit says:

I’d try the plank, but truth-be-told, I’d never get my fat ass in that position to start. Good work to all that do! Cheers, Rick

10. JourneyBeyondSurvival says:

Woot Woot!

11. Eunice says:

The Yum Monstah herself! I just went back and saw the video you posted yesterday. You were looking all kinds of hawtness. I think I’m up there with Alexia at around the 30 second mark, but you’ve inspired me to try harder. Go Yucky!

12. This intrigued me so I got down this morning and eeked out a 50 second forearm plank.

It was about 20 seconds longer than I thought t would be so I’ll take it!

13. Patrick says:

Wow, cool, no idea what I can do time wise, will try this week though :-)

14. Tricia says:

Okay! I’m in! Have to see what I can do about video over the weekend!  If I’m successful, I’ll shoot it over to you!

15. Reinaldo says:

Just gotta say… It doesn’t matter if it’s 30 second knee plank or whatever. Just do it, make the vid, upload it and then you got video proof of your personal record. Then, improve the time and/or technique! We should race ourselves, not others. I’m going to focus on improve my technique (not more time), because at some points my hips went too far low.

16. Sheryl says:

OMG I AM SO IN!!!!! I’ll record one this week!

Six minutes? Holy frog! I am happy to be up at 90 seconds :)

18. 6 minutes?

6 minutes!!!?

Wow.

19. I am definitely attempting this tonight or tomorrow!! AWESOME :D

20. Karla says:

YES! Can we please have a plankoff at Fitbloggin? That would be amazing! :)

21. Pubsgal says:

I didn’t know about such acts of kick-arsery that were posted here – I was studiously ignoring the plankfest – but then, Nana McBody (Foodie’s mama) inspired me! I squeezed out 2 minutes on the forearm plank. And I thought I could only do 30 seconds! Woot!

So, what’s next? Wall squat-a-thon, anyone?

22. I’m in for the Squat-A-Thon! Yeahhhhhhhh!

23. A squat-a-thon? that would also be awesome!

24. Hmm, hmm, hmm…. Well I can do a nice long plank but it makes my shoulder hurt. Now I just need to decide if I need to prove it while causing myself bodily harm. Hmm, checking ego, not sure if I can hold it down…

25. …Ok, my wisdom prevailed. I think I better pass on further shoulder pain. But enjoying very much everyone else’s planks and would wholeheartedly do a wall squat-a-thon! I could use stronger quads and it would motivate me to get on that.

26. Becky says:

There’s my video Josie! Great job to all of the rest of you who attempted this!

27. Christine says:

How do I submit a video for consideration?
    I took the plank challenge thanks to Patrick (Responsibility199). It can be found here:

Fun challenge! I love it! You rock!

28. website says:

It’s remarkable in support of me to have a web site, which is good for my know-how. thanks admin
    website recently posted..website

Trackbacks

1. [...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by carla birnberg, Foodie McBody, Josie YumYucky, Josie YumYucky, Jose Seminario and others. Jose Seminario said: The Planktastic Plankathon Challenge: It’s Plankmania, baby! This is how it all got started and now it’s … http://bit.ly/i9YJ4n Pls RT [...]

2. [...] time stretching and foam rolling. I also tested out my plank time because I want to be as strong as YumYucky. I’m not quite as strong as her, but the plank-test challenge has certainly lit a fire under [...]

3. [...] doing a plank. Then Susan did a video with a longer plank. One thing lead to another and bam! now everybody is planking their ass off LOL Anyway, enjoy my very first english spoken video [...]

4. Plankathon 2011 « Life ain’t always beautiful says:

[...] over at Yum Yucky is hosting a challenge .   A yoga based challenge, which involves doing the plank pose for as long as you can while [...]