Tasting! Kellogg's Crunchy Nut Cereal

crunchynut Tasting! Kellogg's Crunchy Nut Cereal

What’s crunchier than a bag of toenails and nuttier than Greedy Kid #1 asking to borrow the car? It’s Kellogg’s Crunchy Nut Cereal…or did you guess that already?

Had I known this cereal was pregnant with peanuts, I would have gone nut-prejudice and judged without knowing it personally. My first bite of these loud-azz crunchy flakes was infested with the peanut bits glued on by the honey glaze. But wait! I kinda like it. Hmmmm, it’s not too shabby.

Too bad I got seriously turned off by the weird color transformation of the milk. It turns “dirty bath water” color (like this dirty ole man’s bathing waters might look like). I suppose that’s from the molasses and  “caramel color” ingredients.

Eh, I don’t like that part. The milk coloring just seems…unnatural. But I did keep on chewing because it was good. The Greedy Family inhaled the box with their eating-nostrils wide open. And now? It’s all gone.

CRUNCHY NOTES

• Price Paid: $3.39 for 14 ounce box
  • Serving Size: 3/4 cup
  • Calories: 120
  • Fat Calories: 10
  • Total Fat: 1g
  • Sodium: 160mg
  • Carbs: 26g
  • Fiber: less than 1g
  • Sugars: 11g
  • Protein: 2g
  • Contains HFCS? Yes

REACTIONS FROM THE TASTE TEST CREW

Health-hater Husband: Not too bad. I like the peanuts on it.

Greedy Kid #1: It tastes good at first, but I don’t like the peanuts.

Greedy Kid #2: It’s gone and I didn’t even get any.

Greedy Baby: I eat it all. I want more.

babycrunchy 300x259 Tasting! Kellogg's Crunchy Nut CerealGreedy Baby gnawing on Crunchy Nut Cereal.

Yum UP! to: Not being nut-prejudice. Because every kinda nut deserves a fair chance.

Yuck Down to: Eating through the nostrils. Food tainted with boogie juice ain’t cool.

View the complete Taste Test Directory and Fast Food Cheat Sheets.

Comments

1. Miz says:

sugared cereal is my nemesis.

2. Ingredients
    Rolled Oats, Sugar, Maize, Wheat Flour, Vegetable Oil, Peanuts (5%), Honey (4%), Invert Sugar Syrup, Dried Coconut, Salt, Barley Malt Flavouring, Niacin, Iron, Vitamin B6, Riboflavin (B2), Thiamin (B1), Folic Acid, Vitamin B12.
    Nutrition information
    Typical value per 100g
    Energy- kJ 1890- kcal 450Protein (g) 8Carbohydrates (g) 66- sugars (g) 25- starch (g) 41Fat (g) 16- saturates (g) 5Fibre (g) 5Sodium (g) 0.35
    *******

25 grams of sugar per 100g of cereal. That means: 1/4 sugar. No wonder it tastes good!

• Josie says:

My Dragonmamma! Where’d you copy that from? I’m looking at the box right now and the ingredients start out with:

Milled Corn, Sugar, Peanuts, Honey, Malt Flavoring, Molasses, Salt, HFCS, Caramel Color, Iron, Annatto Extract Color, etc etc.

There’s nothing about “rolled oats, maize, wheat flour…” That actually might be the other variety: Roasted Honey Nut (not the Golden Honey Nut I tried).

3. You crack me up!

Thanks for making me think of toenails while I’m eating my breakfast – yum!
    No fiber, 11g sugar per serving, HFCS. No thanks. Plus, nothing beats my Honey Bunches of Oats for sweet, crunchy, nutty goodness that is better than crack.

• skippymom says:

@Coco, I laughed because I was thinking the same thing.  Don’t think I will be buying because the mental pic’ is forever burned on my brain.

Please don’t let my kids notice it in the store….please don’t let my kids notice it….

5. I’m not a fan of super crunchy cereals….especially when the milk turns a funky color!

6. Erin says:

It sounds delish, however the name is a bit lolz!

7. DANGIT! This sounds SO good, but I just commented on one of your other posts how Cereal is one thing that I really need to step away from! Once I open a box there is something inside of me that FORCES me to finish it in like 3 days. Grrrr…I guess next time I decide to get some I’ll consider this one. It’s not like I’m never gonna buy cereal again! This kind sounds great though with the peanuts and all. Thanks for the review!

8. lisa says:

mmm those look tasty. HFCS free? hope so! I wanna give that a try:)

9. lisa says:

nvm- just saw your comment that it had HFCS in it- boo!!!

10. Hungry Jenny says:

How have you never eaten Crunchy Nut cereal before? It’s the best!! You should YouTube the TV ads we have for them here, and you’ll see how crazy we are for them…Hungry Jenny x

11. I’m not a fan of anything that is processed and comes in a box, especially breakfast cereals for anyone looking to lose or maintain their weight.

BTW, poor greedy kid #2!

12. JourneyBeyondSurvival says:

Mmmm.  Sounds so delicious.  Boogie juice, toenails and bath water.

Are you sure it aint made of little boys?

13. My “yuck down” goes to milk the color of dirty bath water! :D

14. I just tried this and it was pretty good at first and then I wasn`t crazy impressed!

xo

15. I quit eating cereal several years ago.They always look good but then after I read the ingredients I put it back on the shelf. You have a great blog. Glad I found it!

16. polo shirts says:

After research a few of the blogs in your website now, and that i really like your method of running a blog. We bookmarked this in order to my personal bookmark website itemizing and can be looking at once again quickly. Please take a look at my web page because nicely as well as tell me what you believe.

17. Keli says:

It’s so good! It taste amazing, I eat it without milk though, never tried it with milk. I’m scared that I won’t taste the honey. Overall, my new favorite ceral. I have to eat it fast before the rest of my family does!

Trackbacks

1. [...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Josie YumYucky and Real Bodybuilders. Real Bodybuilders said: Bodybuilding – Tasting! Kellogg’s Crunchy Nut Cereal http://bit.ly/eDFaGo by FitConnect.com [...]