[Image via She-Fit]
Sometimes it’s just not enough to stare at the food porn. You need to gnaw on it with your eating claws – especially if it’s healthy. The woman that is She-Fit concocted this waffley recipe you need to know about. But it’s not those waffles from Romania, neither is it the ones from Peru. They’re Belgian, baby!
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 1 3/4 cups skim milk
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 and 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup flax seed meal
- 1/4 cup wheat germ
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
1. In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, oil, applesauce, and vanilla. Beat in other ingredients.
2. Preheat a waffle iron, and coat with non-fat cooking spray. Pour batter into waffle iron in batches, and cook until crisp and golden brown.
You can opt for low cal toppings like I Can’t Believe it’s Not Butter Spray, fresh strawberries or fat-free whip cream.
Isn’t She-Fit mahhhvelous? So after you get done chewing on the waffles, you can read her post on how women can benefit from a man’s funky armpits.