[Image via She-Fit]
Sometimes it’s just not enough to stare at the food porn. You need to gnaw on it with your eating claws – especially if it’s healthy. The woman that is She-Fit concocted this waffley recipe you need to know about. But it’s not those waffles from Romania, neither is it the ones from Peru. They’re Belgian, baby!
Low Cal Belgian Waffles
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 1 3/4 cups skim milk
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 and 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup flax seed meal
- 1/4 cup wheat germ
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
1. In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, oil, applesauce, and vanilla. Beat in other ingredients.
2. Preheat a waffle iron, and coat with non-fat cooking spray. Pour batter into waffle iron in batches, and cook until crisp and golden brown.
You can opt for low cal toppings like I Can’t Believe it’s Not Butter Spray, fresh strawberries or fat-free whip cream.
Now get ‘ta chewing!