Best and Nastiest Taste Tests of 2010

I’m professional in Greedy-ism and highly fluent in Foodgasms. Since I posses these qualifying nonsense expertises, I bring you the Best and Nastiest Taste Tests of 2010. But first? The Taste Test Crew page has been updated with new pics of the Greedy Kids, so go check that out.

BEST OF 2010

cakeeat 300x293 Best and Nastiest Taste Tests of 2010

This was a tough one, people. The best isn’t simply about good flavors. Here’s the criteria for the 5 best of 2010:

• It has to taste good. doh!
  • Must be reasonably priced. It can’t give my wallet a concussion.
  • Available to me in most local stores (so it’s probably easy for you to find, too).
  • I buy it often because my stomach and/or family demands it.

THE BEST

Amy’s Rice Mac & Cheese: Eh, at $3.99 a meal, it’s been argued that it’s too pricey for frozen food, yet the taste, quality and euphoric eating experience just might persuade you that this stuff is well worth the price tag for lunch or dinner munching.

Crystal Light Pure Fitness: I’d rather have Pure Fitness-infused water that’s sweetened with sugar and Rebiana (Stevia) at only 15 calories per serving, than to opt for that zero calorie crap that’s been chemically sweetened with Aspartame or Sucralose. Pure Fitness makes water gulping so easy.

Green Giant Immunity Blend Veggies: The “immunity blend” name might be gimmicky, but there’s nothing tricky about a 100 calorie mini bag of veggies that’s been seasoned with garlic and olive oil like you cooked it fresh yourself. I keep these in the fridge at work for those times when a junk food craving smacks the hell outta me. The awesome flavor of the Giant is great for snacking.

Pepperidge Farm Stone Baked Artisan Rolls: These are new on the grocery store scene, so keep you eyes peeled and your Food Trap open wide. But warning! Save these for a special occasion, ‘lest you swallow these delicious rolls whole. Why? Because they taste SO FREAKIN’ GOOD!

Pillsbury Simply Buttermilk Biscuits: If you’re gonna have a food fight, please don’t use these biscuits. No enemy of yours deserves the pleasure of being hit in the head with the only buttermilk biscuit that I’ve ever loved. But if you must throw the damn things, just aim over this way.

Honorable Mentions

Fiber Plus Cinnamon Oat Crunch: The sticker-shock price of over $4 a measly 11.5 ounce box prevents this cereal being one of the best. Unless you catch a coupon off the back of a Fiber Plus Bar box or buy it at Target for 1/2 the price, you’ll be getting yourself robbed at the regular grocery store. Yet the mildly sweet taste is spot on with only 8 grams of sugar per serving. Add in the those 9 grams of fiber (whoa) and you’ve got yourself a cereal that requires multiple bowls of chewing.

Yoga Bread: Another great product that’s just too damn expensive. Yoga bread is a delicacy for occasional enjoyment, and although I did naked Yoga, I did NOT eat the Yoga bread while naked…or did I?

NASTIEST OF 2010

water2 300x294 Best and Nastiest Taste Tests of 2010

Behold the top 3 of pure nastiness that caused unfair affliction to my Food Trap. Ever had broiled kitty claws sauteed in rancid gremlin giblets? Ever tasted pan seared seagull sludge smathered on deep fried elephant skins? That’s the kind of nastiness that really makes me emotional, just like these failed attempts at tastiness:

Banquet Fruit Pie: This eating experience was like thick sludge with small chunks of regurgitated fruit mixed in.

Yoplait Greek Yogurt: Worst. Yogurt. Ever. But don’t just take my word for it. Read the comments sections of the Taste Test and see what other people thought when they tried it for themselves.

Hint Water: If you desire to pay money for stale-tasting flavored water, this is your best bet. But I can sell you some old, stale water at half the price of Hint’s. So you buy from me instead. Yes?

So tell me, what are some of the tastiest and nastiness things you tried this year? (Uhhh…food items only, please)

Comments

I’m still in a carb coma from my Christmas cookies, but I love your Greedy Kids and your Taste Test recap. Thank you for making me laugh, but most importantly, thank you for saving me from “chunks of regurgitated fruit”.

2. lisa says:

hmm.. tastiest? the divine white chocolate with strawberries review I did  a little while ago, and mmmm the atttune granola munch and nature’s path peanut butter granola! delishhhhh. haha and im still on the lookout for those BISCUITS!!!!!! :)

3. Reinaldo says:

Uh, only food items, uh? Then… nevermind.

Oh, I tried tofu. Never again. Not good stuff.

4. MizFit says:

ELLE
    oh
    ELLE
    at the hint water review.

Still.

I can t wait to see what you unfold in 2011.

Carla

5. Those teens of yours are GORGEOUS.  #3? Get back to me on that when he grows those front teeth in. Aww, who am I kidding, he’s adorable, as is #4.

It’s not a new taste sensation, but to everyone else, I highly recommend Aidell’s Chicken-Pineapple Teriyaki meatballs. They are super yummy in vegetable stir-fries or with rice or just by their lonesome. I buy the 3-pound pack at Costco for $12.99 on a regular basis.

6. skippymom says:

You have BEAUTIFUL kids Josie…WOW [No surprise considering the source. :)]

Thanks for all you do – the taste testing [taking one for the team] your motivational MAD skillz and for wearing fruit on your head.  You’re simply the best girl! Love you!

7. Tasty – always my cookies! :-)

Nasty – I don’t do nasty. I leave that to you! That is the name of your blog! ;-)

8. Kerri O says:

I’d been wondering about hint water LOL, good to know, I still haven’t tried the Crystal Light, I think I’m the only one who hasn’t! I think my favorite new thing this year was Fage 2%, mmm. Yuckiest things were: Archer Farms Strawberry real fruit bars and Kroger’s brand of greek yogurt…nastiest things ever.

9. Emma says:

First of all I looove this blog, and I have recommended it to several friends. I tried the Pepperidge Farm Artisan rolls based on your review, and they have become a staple in my home. My next adventure is trying the greek yogurt, I will let you know how it turns out. I am on a journey to be healthy and fit and loose 90 pounds in the process. I am DEFINITELY adding you to my arsenal of support !!!

• Josie says:

Hey Emma! Here’s to more happy (and healthy) food adventures! You’re totally gonna bust out those 90 pounds. Thanks for making me part of your shooting gun weapons. (wait..is that right?)

If you ever have any questions along your journey, just shoot me an email. :)

10. Emergefit says:

Papa Cantella’s chicken sausages are the freaking bomb! Discovered them in early 2010 and have eaten them every week since — though I still get kind of a gay-creepy feeling whenever I bite into a sausage.

Happy New Year Josie!!

11. Allywan says:

Hmm I don’t hate Yoplait greek yogurt. But have you tried Kroger’s? It’s OMG slap someone and get your money back bad! I’m pretty sure sand must be an ingredient. There is just sooo much grit.

• Josie says:

Hey. Have you tried Chobani or Fage as a comparison to Yoplait Greek?

I keep hearing that Kroger’s is bad – thanks for sharing that. Next time I wanna slap somebody I should probably eat some first. For more power in the slapping. Yes?

12. Eunice says:

Just checked out the new pics of your Greedy Kids. You and your hubs got some good genes!

13. when i first had greek yogurt i remember HOW FUNKY AND GROSS it was. i like it now but only a local brand i found tastes good. id imagine th eone u tried would be bad..hmm yoplait greek…hmmm lol

14. Wifey says:

Thanks for sharing, especially the nasty stuff and sparing me from having to taste them myself.

LOVE your Taste Test Crew pics and captions. Classic.

Winks & Smiles,
    Wifey

15. I would have loved to try all of them! thanks for sharing.

Trackbacks

1. [...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Josie YumYucky and Real Bodybuilders. Real Bodybuilders said: Bodybuilding – Best and Nastiest Taste Tests of 2010 http://bit.ly/gBFGi3 by FitConnect.com [...]