Exercise Wedgies Are a Thing of the Past

gap Exercise Wedgies Are a Thing of the Past

Is it just me? Am I the only one that suffers from the Exercise Wedgie? Exercise sucks when the panties are in a bunch. Whether you’re running, stretching, squatting, or yoga-ing, a spontaneous wedgie can really slow you down.

Take a look at the panties in the pic. Those are GAP Low Rise Stretch Cotton Hipsters. I now own 6 pairs.

These panties are a best. Yes, better than Victoria’s Secret. If you normally don’t associate the GAP with panty-buying, just go browse their panty table and see for yourself.

Cotton Hispters are great for curvy women and really flatter you in a full length mirror. They obediently stay in place on da booty without shifting or bunching. Now I go can running at the park without de-wedging in front of random strangers.

HIPSTER NOTES

• Price Paid: $5 a pair on sale
  • Fabric: Knit stretch 94% cotton, 6% spandex
  • Care: Machine wash
  • Sizes: S, M,  L, XL, XXL (these are true to size)

Yum UP! to: A great pair of panties that helps me appreciate my curves.

Yuck Down to: Running wedgies. They are the worst.

Today I wore a pair of Hipsters. I did not have to pick out even one little wedgie. Zero wedgies, baby!

Comments

1. I am so thankful for this info Josie!!!! I hate that bunching up! I have some short boxer type ones I wear with my workout short stretch tights for the gym, but even though the boxer type is short, they still bunch. Will have to check these out.. buy a pair & test on this old bod of mine! :-)

2. Lance says:

Hmmmm….I don’t typically wear panties….

And…Josie…your great review just isn’t convincing me to make the change (maybe I’m weird that way).

I’ve been told I’m weird….wouldn’t you agree??

3. Layla says:

Uh, yeah. I just grasp and yank.

I’m grade A classy like that.

4. Alice says:

I am not embarrassed.

I always pick my work out wedgies.

5. amanda says:

What do you do when you have no ass??

6. cher says:

I have the answer for no wedgies AND for the woman with no ass… as I am an assless woman, who has no definition between her asscheeks and the backs of her thighs…. boy shorts!!! the lowrise fall off my ass, but boy shorts sit higher, they cover the area nicely!! although they still get the bad rap as being too close to “granny panties” in my house, i’m not looking to be a Victoria Secret model under my workout clothes.. just wanting breathable comfort without bunching or falling down UNDER my workout clothes!!!

7. emma says:

does no one else just wear a cotton thong while working out? no better wedgie than an INTENTIONAL wedgie!

8. Marisa says:

Wedgies are the spawn of the devil. But yeah, I’m a grasper & yanker too.

9. Miz says:

oooh I am SO WITH Emma and rock the intentional wedgie —ALWAYS~~

10. I think these would still ride up on me too. Boo that.

11. Debra says:

@EMMA I once wore a thong during a work-out. Then I caught a back view of myself in the mirror and the only dry, non-sweaty part of my whole body was the T of the thong under my workout shorts. Yes. I was sporting a perfectly dry T shape on my ass letting every one know what I was wearing under the running shorts. NEVER AGAIN. Now it’s cotton low-rise granny panties for me.

12. I LOVE Gap panties. They stay flat against the skin, too. I’ve been getting them there for years and they’re so much better than Victoria’s Secret.

13. Erin says:

Cool as soon as I’m back in the flow after Sam comes I gonna have to get me a pair.

14. I once ran a 5K wearing a thong so I could avoid this very thing! ;-)

15. Laurie says:

I LOVE these panties… I definitely have a derriere and these are great panties! :) Thanks for the reminder – I need to go get some more! :)

16. I love these panties…but honestly I wear the exercise shorts that have a built in liner so I don’t wear panties when I work out! Those are the best invention of all time!

17. But…I’m getting really really good at the pointer finger hook swipe.

18. Laura says:

I have tons of these. Love them!

19. Kat says:

Thanks for the review. I want to try these.

20. marisa n says:

I love GAP’s undies! I have those very pair in a purple and pink version. GAP has cute but not cutsy or unrealistic undies like Vicki’s Secret does. These are also great b/c they don’t give you major panty lines.

21. marisa n says:

PS! I love exercising in thongs and wearing them most days under normal clothes too. I used to have to wear them (either wear them or go commando) for dance in high school – panty lines are NOT acceptable for dance performances. Even the men wear them but they are called “dance belts” LOL!!!!!!!!!

22. merri says:

I am not at all curvy, and I like boy shorts the best. I have no butt. :( So that may be why I don’t usually get wedgies. EXCEPT today. These ones I’m wearing are um I don’t know what to describe them as, but they are giving me a wedgie as we speak, and im not even exercising yet. Most of my undies are from VS Pink or Forever 21, and theyre pretty comfy. Gap body made my swim suits though and I like them, so their undies are prob good as well.

23. im always going commando cuz of the wedgies hehe. gosh exercise wedgies are the most frustratig thing.. especially if u fix it but then it keeps getting stuck again LOL! not fun! haha

great post <3

24. cheapo says:

I wear the same thing, only I buy Hanes ones, $6+ change at Target for a 3-pack! Love ‘em.

Trackbacks

1. […] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Josie YumYucky, Christine. Christine said: RT @YumYucky: Exercise Wedgies Are a Thing of the Past http://www.yumyucky.com/?p=4807 …no more picking out the wedge in public required. […]