Tasting! Breyer's Smooth & Dreamy Cookie Dough Sandwich

smoothdreamy Tasting! Breyer's Smooth & Dreamy Cookie Dough Sandwich
…featuring the Shoe of Greedy Baby

(Don’t freak out on me. I’m still on No Sugar except for when I do Taste Tests or special occasions)

Never mind what the box says. They’re oval shaped – not round.  And they have NO cookie dough particles inside the actual ice cream. Did I get a defective box of Breyers Smooth & Dreamy Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Sandwiches?

Eh, maybe. But it really doesn’t matter, because once these delectable sammiches enter your Food Trap, it’ll be mushed and malformed anyways. Breyers has got it going on with no artificial flavors or colors, but oh damn….it contains the High Fructose Corny-ness.

BLARGH!

Each sammich is a helping of the famous Breyers vanilla taste smashed between two, soft cookie dough slabs that are shaped like a cookie. The dough does indeed have the choco-chips built in. The whole thing is way better than the horrific Mrs. Field’s Ice Cookie Cookie Sandwich. Breyers’ sammich is bigger and has LESS calories, sugar, and fat calories.

How’d they do that?

It’s also cheaper than paying the ice cream man – except you don’t get the caloric benefits of chasing the damn truck down the street. Ohh, the childhood memories!

Breyers Smooth & Dreamy can easily fit into a calorie counter’s day or hungry snackers night without causing guilt. It’s tasty. It’s only 160 calories. So go for it! …..but NOT if you’re doing the No Sugar Experiment. m’kay?

SMOOTH & DREAMY NOTES

• Price paid: $4.59 for box of 6
  • WW Points: 3
  • Calories: 160
  • Fat Calories: 35
  • Total Fat: 4g
  • Sat. Fat: 2g
  • Carbs: 30g
  • Fiber: 1g
  • Sugars: 15g
  • Protein 3g

REACTIONS FROM THE TASTE TEST CREW

Health-hater Huband: (he was bitching about something so I didn’t give him any)

Greedy Kid #1: Mmmm! These things are “bump”! <—aka, delicious

Greedy Kid #2: This is good. Tastes like a real cookie.

Greedy Kid #3: Ooo! What are those? (my answer? …it’s an empty box)

Yum UP! to: Greedy Baby’s feet. I love baby feet.

Yuck Down to: Bitching husbands. Quit that yappin’!

View the complete Taste Test Directory and Fast Food Cheat Sheets.

Comments

1. Erin says:

MMMMMMMMM I want one but 30 carbs is too many for a snack or a dessert :P Well with some luck I’ll be able to have it in a little over a month!

2. I wanted to buy these the other day, but I was scared they wouldn’t be worth it. Looks like they’re on the list for this week! Thanks for taking the “try” bullet, yet again! :)

3. I just love that this features Greedy Baby’s shoe.

4. tricia says:

Baby shoes are the cutest thing since baby sneezes! Minus the snot explosion, obviously. These look good and I eye them at the grocery store, but alas, too many carbs! At least I can live vicariously through your taste tests.

5. Eunice says:

Baby feet!! Oh, Yucky, why must you fuel my baby fever…

I like that “bump” thing. Is that what the kids are saying nowadays? I think I’m going to start using it.

6. Laura says:

Mmmm those look good, minus the HFCS. Ice cream sandwiches have always been a weakness for my greedy side!

7. Hmmm. Corneyness is difficult for me to overcome. That and I find it better for my health to NOT have any treats in the HOUSE. For now.

#GreedyMama

8. I haven’t seen these yet but am always up for a sweet, cold treat.
    And I love that your kid says bump, I’m gonna start using that!

9. amanda says:

I always love cookie sandwiches. I use to always eat those Tollhouse ice cream cookie sandwiches before I knew better. ha ha

10. She-Fit says:

YUM! My friend had an empty box on her table last night… Obviously they were just as greedy!

11. jperonto says:

I have been having one of these babies every night for about 3 weeks now.  I’ve tried all 3 flavors of the sandwiches and LOVE them all!  They’re sooooo nummy!  I’m tempted to try the bars next (the new smooth and dreamy bars).  See if you can review those!

12. paula says:

Yum, that ice cream looks good. BTW, I have an award for you over at my blog. When you have a moment, please stop by and pick it up.

13. merri says:

oh no i thought breyers wouldnt have hfcs! boo to them!

14. Fauxtographer says:

Wait, so the bread of the sammich is cookie dough, not a cookie? Hm…I’ll pass. I prefer my cookies baked. Batters and doughs just make me think of raw eggs.

And then someone earlier in the comments mentioned baby snot explosions, and that imagery might be the best diet aid ever. Yuck.

15. lisa says:

only 4 grams of fat? for an ICE CREAM product? wow. thats shocking.
    hfcs- grr! normally we get breyers over other icecreams because my g-pa used to work there (he actually made the ice cream!!) and they usually are more ingredient friendly than other brands. but they let me down, here!!

16. S Thomson says:

These are really good!! The ice cream DOES have little chunks of cookie dough – but its so smooth and white on the edges that wou cant see it, but as you bite in you find the bits *yummy* – I ALSO thought the ice cream was just pain at first, ’til a couple of bites in. The cookies are like thin choco-chip cookies… I LIKE!!!
    *IF* you are looking for a GREAT ice cream treat that is only 100 calories and MUCHO fufulling try the Skinny Cow Truffle Bars… OMG – they are sinful but NOT!!! Im addiced to the caramel one right now, but sure they are all yummers! smooth, creamy, YUM!