Fitness Felon: Frankie "Freak Out" Pittman

6a010536e3fd46970c0120a6ae9ed1970c 320wi Fitness Felon: Frankie "Freak Out" Pittman
Felonous Profile

• Age: 43
  • Height: 6’1″
  • Weight: 191 lbs.
  • Occupation: IT guy
  • Hobbies: None (huh?)

Felonous Crime: Freakin’ out over every little thing.

Freak Out says: I’ve got too much on my mind. The job. The house. My nagging wife. My three snot-nosed kids who keep the volume on their voice boxes set at full blast. And to top it off, I’m tired as hell. I try to sleep, but I can’t. The stress is killing me, so don’t preach about healthy living. It’s not possible for busy, overworked people like myself.

Yum Yucky says: I feel your pain, but your approach is all wrong. Freaking out will get you nowhere. Stay in calm control and change the way you respond to a situation. Now take a chill pill (preferably the non-prescription kind), then go hug your wife and play a board game with the kids.

**Don’t fall into the stress trap. Get the full scoop on how “bad” stress affects your body. It can cause depression, obesity and sexual dysfuntion (uh oh).  Then check out Fitness Magazine’s Bed Time Snacks Under 200 calories: 50/50 mixes of carbs and proteins that increase sleep-inducing serotonin levels.

More Fitness Felons

(photo credit)

Comments

1. Oh, yes, I know what stress can do to the bod! I best go get that oatmeal raisin cookie right now! I think I have some of my fav ones in the freezer! ;-)

2. Lance says:

Okay, I don’t want depression, obesity, or sexual dysfunction… Frankie’s lost it!!!
    I wonder if I should go wake the kids for the board game – they are already in bed. Oh well, here goes nothing. And this way there awake a full 8 hours before that big test first think in the morning….(thanks for the idea, Josie!)

3. Erica says:

haha- there may be a little of this man inside me! Happy Friday!!!!!!!!

4. STRESS!!! THAT i sme…my body is so stressed right now…just not even funny.
    I am however working through the grieving process..allowing myself the emotions now, so I am hoping the stress will wind down. Ask me after Saturday though, may be very high at that point.

5. Joanna says:

I’m a stress eater, so I can relate to the harmful impact to the ole body! Must. Reduce. Stress!

6. So true. It’s all about how we respond to situations… Easier said than done though… I used to be really bad about dealing with stress and have gotten better. But it’s still a work in progress… Thanks for the reminder! :)

7. Josie says:

I used to be Frankie’s twin sister. I was a total Freak-a-zoid. But I got myself under control. It certainly is a process that must be maintained! Geesh.

8. Josie says:

Anything for you, Lance. It’s awesome how you take my advice and twist it for the benefit of your children. Perfect!

9. Good timing – I had a freak out attack this morning even after yoga!!! But I’m working on it right now :)

10. {cher} says:

great information on how stress affects your health. i know it affects my blood sugars dramatically, so i knew it was linked to a lot of other things.
    have a great weekend woman!!

11. Quix says:

Hahaha! I used to be just like Frankie. But then, I made a conscious decision to change and realized that I could get just about as much done in my 40 hours a week at work as I was getting in 60+, and my life would never be perfectly suited for healthy living, I just had to forge my own destiny. :)
    Have a lovely weekend!

12. tra says:

hahah exercisiinly superior?! haahha you are hilarious!
    love your posts. you are superiorly funny to me. jealous.

13. Hey – did you interview my husband for that? Seriously, great tips and I know so many people who fall prey this “I’m too busy” syndrome!